I wish morning’s lasted forever..of course then they wouldn’t technically be considered “mornings” but it’s just my favorite part of the day. I consider myself an ambivert (a mixture of both being an introvert and extrovert) because I love being social and being around my friends but the way I recharge is alone time. I thrive off being on my own time, I’m obsessed with the little simple things I can do for just myself.
On days off, I wake up early around 7:30/8 am and I walk out onto my patio and the sun is usually the perfect amount of sunny. I think it’s so important to just feel the earth around you every day. Walk barefoot on the grass, feel the sun, breathe in the air that we’re blessed to have that’s fresh. Today I just felt the sun on my face, I heard the birds chirping and I felt the earth and it really does help get your mind set for the day.
I think of everything I’m grateful for. There are children and their families right now, currently, as I am typing this being bombed or tortured in the Middle East. There are families starving and children being taken away…and I’m here in my college apartment breathing in the fresh air, feeling the sun, and I have the privilege to be able to think of everything I’m grateful for. This is something I think a lot of us take advantage of everyday, but that’s the thing, we should be taking advantage of it but in the right ways.
Here are my top things you should follow if you’re trying to be more of a morning person, being a morning person is known to make you a more positive and productive person as well so here they are:
- Wake up earlier, try 7:30 AM at least
- Don’t go back to sleep once you’re up
- Wash your face, brush your teeth all that hygienic shit
- Go outside and feel the earth, if you live in a city, go outside and be grateful you’re in the city cause shit I miss New York sometimes…too much concrete though
- I’d recommend playing some good ass calm or happy music that promotes good ass vibes because my favorite part of getting my day started is with a good ass playlist. Some good songs I’d recommend are Go go chaos by Bonjah, In Quiet Rooms by OMN, anything by ODESZA is good (not a song called ‘anything’ but literally anything they play lmao) Slow by FELIX SNOW is good pffff.
- List everything you’re grateful for. I don’t care if you have no limbs and your cat just died… you’re still alive aren’t you? There’s always something to be grateful for.
- Lay out everything you have to do in your day in your head
- Drink a cup of tea, coffee, warm water with lemon juice, anything really..
- Stretch and do breathing exercises (You don’t really notice how shallow you breathe from day to day, breathing exercises help strengthen your lungs for a longer happier life )
- Get on with your day! If you can exercise this early, I’d DEFINITELY recommend it because exercising super early especially before breakfast, will fasten your metabolism and strengthen your health more than you can imagine. It also promotes productivity a lot more than doing it at night or in mid-day.
The morning is the time of day for you to get your mind set and ready for the day, do it the right way.